We, a Catholic community of diverse multicultural backgrounds, unite as a family under one Baptism in Christ. We come together to pray, evangelize, learn and serve one another, the community and humankind. Guided by the Holy Spirit, we pledge ourselves to pursue this mission by participation in the liturgical, educational, outreach and social ministries of the Church.
Nosotros, una comunidad Católica de diversas culturas, nos unimos como una familia bajo un Bautismo en Cristo. Llegamos juntos a orar, evangelizar, aprender y a servirnos unos a otros, a la comunidad y a la humanidad. Guiados por el Espíritu Santo, nosotros nos comprometemos a hacer realidad esta misión mediante la participación en los ministerios litúrgicos, educacionales, ayda social y vida parroquial de la Iglesia.
The first Catholic services held in Rogers were held in the Gem Theater on Walnut Street in 1910 by Fr. William Carroll, the pastor of St. Elizabeth Church in Eureka Springs. The Rogers Catholic community, at that time, was a mission of St. Elizabeth and services were infrequent, held usually only twice a month. This continued to be the case even after the Congregational Church on the corner of 4th and Olive was purchased for use as a permanent church structure. This original parish was named St. Mary, but the name was changed in 1941 to its present name, St. Vincent de Paul.
The first resident pastor, Monsignor Edward Malloy was assigned to St. Vincent de Paul in 1945. At that time the community consisted of just more than 20 Catholic families, but as Rogers grew, so did the Catholic community and in 1947 the church was moved to a larger building on the corner of 6th and Cypress streets. The Diocese of Little Rock established St. Vincent de Paul as a parish on July 15, 1949. In 1965, yet another parish building was built to accommodate the growing Catholic population. This building, which seated 650 people, still stands at the corner of 13th and Cypress and now serves as the St. Vincent de Paul Parish Hall. The current worship space, which seats 1600, was dedicated and opened in April of 2003.